Façade Improvement Program
This program is designed to help Lake City business owners make improvements to their public facing exteriors to highlight the City's rich architectural heritage and enhance the visual appeal and vibrancy of Lake City.
Funds from the façade improvement program can only be used for exterior repairs/improvements, code violation corrections, handicapped accessibility and energy efficiency improvements. This program requires a 50% contribution from the owner. The other 50% may be available in grant money or loan money, depending on availability of funds.
Eligible Improvements must be visible from the public realm, and may include:
- Replacement of missing decorative features
- Rehabilitation or replacement of historic rooflines include corbels of stone and brick, parapets of stone, brick, metal, or wood, and a variety of other decorative features
- Rehabilitation or replacement of doors and windows
- Removal of non-historic materials or additions
- Historic awnings
- Approved exterior lighting and signage
Ineligible Improvements include:
- Any interior work
- Work done to a building's roof
- Landscape improvements
- Building improvements not visible from the public realm
- Building additions / new construction
- Improvements completed or in progress at the time of application
- Building acquisition
- Exterior painting, except for painting related to other eligible improvements
- Routine maintenance
You may also download the application if you would like to apply.